Thursday, November 17, 2011

6 Month Postpartum Belly

Right after staples were removed
Ok, so my postpartum belly is going to look different from the average person, but I'm curious about this stuff with other people, so I may as well share my stuff too. The picture below is from today, just 2 days after the 6-month-mark for Joey's birth and just under the 6-month-mark for my surgery (that's in another two weeks). I've been wondering about the "twin skin" for a couple of weeks now, because it seems to actually be on it's way back to normal. I decided to do a side-by-side comparison to see and sure enough, there's some change! The scar looks way better for one thing, still there, just much less noticeable. The stretch marks are fading more and I feel like when I take handfuls of skin there's less there ;) I still doubt I'll ever be "bikini-ready" but there's hope that it might not be a complete disaster area.

6 Months Later
The good news is my pants size! Not only am I out of maternity pants, I bought new pants and now, only two weeks later, they're falling off me! I now fit into pants from college and I bought a belt to help hold my other pants up! I've only ever bought a belt in the past because work required it, I much prefer buying belts for this reason. I've been wearing it the last couple days just to get used to it and don't even notice it's there. I'd like to think that my weight coming off is to make up for all the crap I dealt with because of the cyst and the way my stomach looks now.

We're still working on the whole co-sleeping thing. After attempting to put the crib together to get an idea of size and everything, we found out that we have no idea how the spring-part that holds the mattress attaches. There are holes that screws could go through, there are little bunny-ear-shaped metal pieces on the frame but the spring piece seems to be just big enough to rest on top of them and just small enough not to attach to the frame itself. If any of that made sense. Dan's going to work on figuring something out because we all seem to sleep better when Joey is next to me for the majority of the night. We do have some time to get this figured out because there are still two chairs being stored in Joey's room while we find time to drop them off to our church's new youth space. One is a bentwood rocker and the other is a super comfy armchair with an ottoman, both are hand-me-downs so I'm not attached to them, I just don't want to get rid of something that our youth would enjoy.

And because I'm in the mood for side-by-side comparisons, check out how much my bamboo has grown since the move!

Just a cute little bamboo stalk at the old apartment.

Turning into a monster bamboo stalk sitting in the bathroom window!

No comments:

Post a Comment