Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Organization: The Shed

Today was one of my days off this week and the weather was perfect for clearing out and organizing the shed! Not too hot, not too cold, and it's been dry for days so nothing will get ruined sitting on wet grass.

When we moved in, anything that I couldn't unpack got stuck in the shed until I could "consolidate boxes." Between having a newborn and now having a nearly-six-month-old, I never got around to the consolidating...until today! Not a day too soon either, we found my winter clothes so I could switch out my summer clothes for the winter ones in my wardrobe! I also got to make decisions about more permanent storage options for the various things in the shed. Things like my American Girl Dolls, the shed was only a temporary solution and the fact that I found spiders in their box when I unpacked them just reinforced that. I still don't know where their clothes and things are but the dolls are now safely stowed in a plastic box under our bed.


Dan picked out shelves to line the walls of the shed, eventually there will be 5 sets total, 2 on each side and 1 in the back. This leaves the middle floor open to park the lawn mower as well as walk in and see what crap we've got out there ;) Anything stored in a plastic bin will be out in the shed and cardboard boxes will be up in the attic, to minimize spiders and such. All of this is a step towards being able to co-sleep again, though it desperately needed to be done anyway. I can't wait until we're all done and we have a clean and organized house!

Before shelves...
After shelves.

No comments:

Post a Comment