Thursday, November 25, 2010

Luke's usual spot. (Thanksgiving 2010)

This is Luke's favorite begging spot. When he's not there, he's got his head in your lap if you're still at the table begging for scraps. He got some ham this year and I think some turkey. Sarah and I did not have our yearly "when did we get Luke" argument because earlier this year we found some old vet paperwork in the shed with his DOB on them. Luke turned 13 this past May, he's getting up there in years. I still remember the day we got him like it was yesterday and he still acts like the puppy he was back then. He's a bit slower and a little less playful, but he's still got that sparkle in his eyes and that smile on his face when you walk in the door. We couldn't have asked for a better first dog. He came housebroken and trained to sit and heel, he had some initial separation anxiety when we would leave the house to go on errands, but after a year or two, he finally figured out we were coming back and calmed down. I'm thankful for a lot of things this year, a lot of things, but on the top of my list is that Luke is still Luke and he was with us another year. I make sure and pet and hug him a lot when I'm back at my parents, with a dog this old, things can get bad real fast and I want to make sure that nothing happens without him knowing how much I still love him. Aaaand now that the pregnancy hormones have kicked in (along with the waterworks), I'm off to bed.

Happy Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment