Saturday, November 20, 2010

Bags are for bunnies.

At least, that's what Brissa thinks. She loves playing in them and tearing them to shreds. It's part of that burrowing thing, I'm sure, but it's also freaking adorable!

Blogger needs to get their picture server problems fixed pronto! I'm getting tired of only being able to upload pictures via my phone. My real camera takes so much better pictures and uploading the normal way forces me to actually sit down and write real posts. Granted I can send a bunch of text with the picture from my phone, but it's soooo much easier to type on a real keyboard than it is on a phone keyboard. My phone has the QWERTY keyboard, and that's definitely a step up from my last one, but it's not the same. I can touch-type, which means not look at the keyboard when I'm typing, I learned forever ago and I'm teaching my students to do it now, the phone keyboard is lame and I can't really touch type on it.

Baby updates: I'm officially in my second trimester, which means I'm in Month 4--a few more weeks and I'll be halfway there! My 2nd OB appointment is in 2 days and I'm hoping we'll be able to actually hear the baby's heartbeat (we only saw it on the sonogram last time, but it was going fast!). Morning sickness has pretty much vanished, aside from the rare days when I go to bed super early from being exhausted and forget to eat dinner, then I'm nauseated in the morning. My boobs are sore and I'm not really sure if I've had cravings or not. Generally I like food and I want food more often, fast food or restaurant food specifically. I did really want syrup for an entire week and so I asked Dan to get me some waffles. That was awesome because now I have something sweet to snack on in the mornings. I definitely craved Chipotle after having some earlier this week, so Dan and I had that for lunch yesterday and it was amazing. I think that may have sated the Chipotle craving for now. I would definitely eat another one of their steak burritos if someone put it in front of me or if I happened to be hungry somewhere a Chipotle was located, but I don't think I'll be sending Dan out for another burrito anytime soon.

Other than the food and the boobs, I've had almost no other symptoms and I'm not complaining! I've had cramps here and there as the baby gets bigger, but nothing like I get on my normal periods. I also get them if I move too fast after being in one position for too long, so now I get up slowly or roll over slowly and that pretty much takes care of that.

I can't remember if I've mentioned this or not, but I have this awesome thing called a BeBand (it's from Target, another popular name is BellaBand). It's an elastic band that you can wear at any point in your pregnancy to help hold your pants up. I've been using it to transform all my pre-pregnancy pants into maternity pants until my belly's big enough to need the real thing. What it does is allow you to un-button (and un-zip as necessary) your pants to allow room for your expanding belly, the band smoothes your pants and holds them snug against you so that you're the only one who knows your pants are undone. I've been wearing mine for a month and a half or two months now. My mom was in Target yesterday and asked me if I had seen them, she was surprised when I said I'd been wearing one for a while--she had no idea! Proof that they really are subtle. I would insert a picture of what it looks like, but as I've established, the photo feature is not working for me right now so you'll have to settle for the above link.

No comments:

Post a Comment