Monday, July 11, 2011

Le Leche League

Today, Jackie and I planned on going to my local Le Leche League chapter's meeting on baby-wearing. I went over to my parents' early to hang out with Jackie and Jimmy before we headed over. Jimmy played for a bit before eventually going down for a much needed nap (he was pretty tired, poor guy) and then my parents got home from work. Before we knew it, I looked at the clock and the meeting had started a half-hour ago! Thankfully the meeting space is literally a few minutes away and Jackie and I headed out sans Jimmy (still sleeping, plus he's eating solids so my mom offered to watch him if he woke up).

The meeting was really interesting because there were a couple of baby-wearing pros there demonstrating and helping members with various kinds of carriers and answering questions. There are a couple babies in the group who are close in age to Joey, so I really want to make an effort to go more often so we can make friends with people his age (and with moms who have similar interests ;) ). This was a much bigger group than when I was there before. My last meeting was me and another mom (it was a day time meeting) and the meeting before that was while I was still pregnant and Jackie came with me then too (even that meeting only had a few other moms/babies there). Everyone there is really nice and it's great to get out of the house and meet other parents and have conversations that don't take place in a high pitched voice.

Mostly I just watched as the pros helped other moms with their carriers, but Jackie had some questions about one of hers and was able to get some hands-on practice (using a doll), so that was cool. All in all, it was a fun meeting and I really hope that I can get going to them more regularly even if only to socialize.

Joey's been smiling a TON lately and it really melts my heart to see that toothless grin. OMG it's the best thing in the world, makes all the poopy diapers and late night feedings totally worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment