Saturday, June 4, 2011

Hospital Stay Continued


I got some sleep last night. Sleep interrupted by nurses and techs checking my vitals (which was not a bad thing because it meant I could get more pain medication) and interrupted by sore boobs ready to be pumped.

Mom brought Joey over as soon as visiting hours started and Dan stopped by before karate. Mom hung out with me until Dan was done at karate. I spent the day nursing, knitting, and reading. Dan stayed with me until the diaper bag ran out of diapers, which was at about 8pm. I finally got liquids this morning and those ice chips and that ice water was the best thing I've ever tasted. Once the doctor cleared me for solid foods, Mom got me a roast beef sandwich from Hardee's and that also tasted awesome. They also took my catheter out and let me walk around and use the bathroom on my own. I'm still hurting quite a bit but believe me, I much prefer this pain to what I was feeling yesterday!

I still haven't actually seen the incision yet, there's a dressing over it and it's stayed clean (I haven't bled through it) so they haven't had to change it. I have one more night here.

(Jump to the final part of The Mega Cyst Saga)

No comments:

Post a Comment