Monday, June 13, 2011

Bye Bye Staples

Today I got my staples taken out. The dressing came off in the shower a few days after I got home (boy was I glad they told me I was allowed to shower) so I got to see the crazy number of staples they used. The OB who did my surgery is local, so I didn't have to drive super far which was nice. At the office, after the nurse took me back into the room, she was asking me the normal new-patient info stuff, things like "was your pregnancy normal" etc. When she asked me if the pregnancy was normal, I responded with "aside from the cyst, yes". That was all I said, I didn't say it was a Mega Cyst or I required surgery or anything. The nurse turns, looks at me, and goes, "That was you?!" Apparently, my cyst was quite famous in the OB's office.

Getting the staples out was not fun. Hurt less than getting a tattoo but more than nothing, and once we got further down my stomach away from my bellybutton it got better. I asked the doctor if having the surgery would add to the time I wasn't allowed in the pool (telling him that in two weeks I have my 6 weeks postpartum checkup) and he didn't think so. He did say that the incision healed up very well.

The stretch marks on my stomach are fading, but I'll probably keep the awesome (/sarcasm)
"twin skin" permanently. The scar is pretty cool though. It'll be interesting to see how my stomach stretches when I get pregnant again, especially the scar. We won't find out for at least a year though, to give my body plenty of time to recover, plus I want to cuddle Joey as much as possible while he's little.

No comments:

Post a Comment