Sunday, September 25, 2011

FO: A scarf fit for a Steelers fan

I have been promising Dan I'd knit him something for the better part of a year. A month ago, he called me out on it.
"You keep saying you'll knit me something but you never have."
So off we went to the craft store (because I don't need an excuse to shop for yarn!) and picked out some soft and chunky, black and gold yarn. Yesterday, after a marathon of Supernatural episodes while Joey slept, I finished it! It started out being black with gold stripes, but halfway through, we decided to see how it would look as gold with black stripes. If I were to do it again, I'd keep it black with gold stripes. The gold part look like Charlie Brown's shirt. I'm using the leftover yarn to knit something else for Dan and it will definitely be black with gold stripes.

This is my 4th FO since having Joey, though it's been a while since the last one. I'll be getting a head start on some Christmas presents soon, hopefully I've picked patterns that are quick and easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment