Sunday, September 11, 2011

My New Stash!

This is where my stash of cloth diapers will hide until Joey's room is cleaned/organized (we don't really need it until winter-time-ish), which was not my original intention for our new ottomans but I'm trilled with how it worked out. Dan and I each get an ottoman to throw our things in and the other two can be devoted to clean and dirty diapers. Don't worry, I have wet bags on the way for the dirties, they're not just going to sit in the ottoman. In the meantime, we'll go through our cases of disposables so we use them before Joey moves up a size (he's close to being ready for size 3's, although Pampers are more generous in their sizing than Luvs). All the cloth diapers (CDs) are washed, stuffed, and ready for use and I'm so happy that we're finally able to use them. Money was the main thing in postponing our use of CDs, they can be pretty expensive up front even though they definitely save money in the long run. I got a great deal on these dipes from another mom on diaperswappers.com, after shipping it worked out to be $6 per diaper and most of them are "name brand" like BumGenius or Blueberry which are $17+ brand new for ONE. After two months of consistent use, they will have easily paid for themselves. Not to mention I'll be able to use them with future babies and because they're One-Size. That means they can be used from like 8lbs. until potty training!

This one is easily my favorite. I can tell the other mom used the diapers on a boy because I bought all her One-Size dipes and there wasn't even a hint of pink. I think this one mom-made, which is pretty awesome. I think I need to throw it in the dryer to soften it up next time (instead of just line drying it) because Joey didn't seem to like wearing it, although that could have also been because he was hungry and needed a nap. I also got a whole bunch of extra inserts from the mom. They're used in pocket diapers (which is what these all are) to help absorb moisture and you can use more than one depending on the needs of your baby, so having extra is a good thing! Having extra inserts also means that I can use them on my Gdiapers that have been sitting on the sidelines because the disposable inserts I bought were for the smaller size (which we used while he wore that size, then he grew out of them--a BIG reason why I bought One-Size this time). After this order, combined with my wimpy stash from before, I now have 19 cloth diapers. This is pretty respectable and almost enough to do laundry every other day at Joey's current rate of use. Once my wet bags arrive (yay free two-day shipping from Amazon!) and after we use up some more of the disposables, we'll be consistently using cloth! We'll still have disposables for laundry day, night time, and when we're out of the house, but for the most part, while we're home, Joey will be going green and rocking the cloth :)

Baby feet!

No comments:

Post a Comment