Sunday, October 2, 2011

Another Retreat Down

2011 marks the 10th anniversary of my own Confirmation and Confirmation retreat, so this year was particularly special for me. Joey came with us on retreat, it was seriously easier than having to pump AND find someone to watch him for half of Friday and half of Sunday (my mom watched him on Saturday at retreat, so she could have also done that at home too). Not to mention I'd have to not only stop and pump on retreat but I would have had to stock up my freezer stash in a major way for how long I was at retreat on Saturday. I came home both nights because of Joey, that way he wouldn't bother anyone in the middle of the night, plus he'd sleep better at home anyway. Dan came home with me the second night to get some sleep after staying up all night Friday. I really liked being able to fall asleep in the car on the way home Saturday night. I don't mind driving, and Camp Wabanna isn't nearly as far away as other places we've gone, but if I don't have to drive I'll gladly give up the wheel.

Joey did pretty well considering there were a TON of strangers (to him) there all coming up to say hi or hold him (only the people I knew well held him). Though he did relieve his stress in the car by screaming his poor little lungs out. I'm told it's a phase, and I hope it passes soon, but he currently doesn't like his car seat. He's only reasonable in the mornings when he's had lots of sleep, that's the only time he doesn't cry about being in the seat. Any other time of day, he cries until he gets out. I think he just wants to be held and doesn't like that we're not holding him, I also think he doesn't like that we're "ignoring" his cries which makes him cry harder. It's like flipping a switch, he's fine as soon as he's out and in someone's arms. Mostly mine, but he'll stop if Dan's holding him too. Those were some LONG trips to and from the retreat center when he was crying. I'll definitely not be going too many places with him on my days off in hopes that he forgets about how much he was in the seat this weekend and in effort to help him through the phase faster. We'll see though.

No comments:

Post a Comment