Sunday, October 17, 2010

Why I've been missing posts here and there...


Really, this is September 27th's picture, but I've been saving it since we weren't going public with the news just yet, but I feel it's suitable to go for today's picture! I'm almost 9 weeks (will be on Tuesday) and I have my first appointment a week from Wednesday. I'm using this as my excuse for missing days because I've been super tired in addition to being busy with work. The exhaustion has been wearing off, I'm able to stay up a little bit later although naps always sound like awesome ideas!

At first, I thought I was so tired because I was going from working 4 days a week to 5 and from going completely stationary (sitting for 10 hours a day) to always on the move and interacting with the kids. The timing worked out that I was getting really tired right after teaching, so that's what I figured it was. Then I fell asleep on retreat, which might not sound so weird, but I stay up all night working on the slideshow both Friday and Saturday night. Saturday I went to get something out of the room, sat down on the bed and the next thing I knew it was midnight and my roommates were coming back from the late night meeting. I had completely missed lights out and getting the candidates to bed! We just told dear friends at church this morning, they're all very excited and happy for us, so we're closer to going completely public. Not just yet because nobody at work knows yet (they did JUST hire me), and I haven't had my first appointment and I'm semi-paranoid that maybe they won't find a heartbeat or something. I don't want to announce on facebook just to re-announce a week later that something's happened. Both families know and close friends, I've even gotten some baby presents already (one of which is on the blog already ;) ), which I love.

I have had some morning sickness which is not fun, but most of the time it just means that my stomach is empty and when I eat (as long as my nose doesn't think it smells bad) it goes away. I've only thrown up a couple of times in the last few weeks, which is pretty good considering how bad some women can have it. The first time was while I was driving and that was no bueno, there's now a small bucket in my car, just in case. The other times have been when I got up in the morning, and mostly because the trash can in the kitchen smelled awful. Crazy pregnancy nose.

This also gave me a reason to go out and buy new yarn. I'm making a Redskins baby blanket, it's going to be soooo cute! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment