Friday, November 2, 2012

Baby Summit!

I love my face in this picture lol
 So the last time that Brittany, Lara, and I all tried to get ourselves and the babies together, the planned date ended up being after the super bad thunderstorm we got over the summer and Lara's house (the designated meeting place) had intermittent power. The time before that was when we planned to go to Ocean City and Hurricane Irene breezed through and caused the city to evacuate the day before we wanted to go (we had already decided to stay home). This time, our date ended up being the day before Hurricane Sandy was supposed to start making things difficult in Maryland. We all looked at the the weather projections and decided that since nothing was really supposed to happen until mid-to-late afternoon Monday, we'd still hang out and play. I was so glad we did, the boys all had so much fun and I know we (moms) enjoyed finally being all together again (something that hasn't happened since my baby shower with Joey!). The ages for the boys are: Joey 17mo, Desmond 12mo, Anders 9mo. They're not at the "play interactively" stage yet, that's a toddler thing that comes later, it's more "parallel play" where they play around each other. I know for Joey he liked playing with "new" toys that weren't his same old ones he sees every day. Anders and Des were more into looking at each other and seeing what the other one was doing, even if it was bugging a daddy trying to have personal time in the next room ;)

We survived the hurricane with very little damage, if any. Mostly just a lot of water everywhere, we didn't even have any leaks (although Dan hasn't been up in the attic to look for any there). We lost power for about ten minutes or so on Monday but that was it. We were very blessed and lucky because I know there are countless others who were not so fortunate. I also, thankfully, did not go into labor during the storm, which was a minor fear I had. I'm still pregnant, so yay for that. Initially, I had to come to terms with the fact that I'd have to use vacation time to make up for the work time missed caused by Sandy (half of Monday and all of Tuesday) because it was the end of the pay period, but I got a call from HR yesterday saying that we have all of next week to make up the time. After that, whatever time isn't made up will be replaced by PTO. SO HAPPY because that was 10.5 hours of leave I didn't want to use until after I had the baby, so I'll be working some 10-hour days to make up next week and pray the baby comes AFTER I've made up my time. Also praying the baby comes AFTER Matt and Jenny's wedding on Saturday because I very desperately want to be there :)

No comments:

Post a Comment