Thursday, January 5, 2012

Pictures are forthcoming

I just wanted to post a brief update on the lace pattern whose butt I'm kicking! With some help from Theo and some paper-clip stitch markers, I've been on the right tack for more than several rows now (am up to Row 16!). I needed clip-on stitch markers because the repeats change position with each row, due to the way the shawl is worked (bottom up with decreases), so I couldn't just use my normal looped/knotted scrap yarn. My problem was (and typically is) not paying enough attention to what I'm doing. When I first started, I would add extra yarn-overs because I was talking or watching TV. This time, there were some extra YOs but mostly I would get my position in the repeat mixed up and start over from the middle instead of finishing then starting over. The stitch markers are like my breadcrumbs, telling me where I've been and how far I've gone. I count my stitches after every repeat to double-check myself (and have caught several errors), which slows me down a little, but worth the extra time in the end because I have the correct number of stitches every time now and I don't have to tink back whole rows anymore!

No comments:

Post a Comment