Tuesday, January 24, 2012

March For Life 2012

I was undecided about going to the March For Life this year because it meant taking Joey with me. I knew that he would be good, he typically is too interested in what's going on around him to act up or be fussy, I was worried about the logistics of having a baby with me--especially once we started marching. Originally, I was going to play it by ear and decide to go with Holy Trinity last minute based on weather and if they had space on their bus (which eventually turned into buses!). Then my mom called and said that St. Jane's had extra tickets to the Rally/Mass before the March and would I be interested in going with their small group of high school girls? I checked the weather and it didn't look too cold so I agreed to go! Going to the Rally and using the Marc train were nice because I knew that I would have a decent place to sit and nurse as well as bathrooms with changing stations easily accessible.

I fed Joey several times while we were at the Verizon Center and changed his diaper before we headed out to the March. He even slept a for a couple of short naps before the March, thankfully. He stayed awake almost the entire time we were outside, whether it was due to the cold rain that was coming down (he stayed warm and dry under my jacket) or the fact that there was just so much to see I'm not sure. Eventually, he fell asleep and stayed asleep for almost an hour, so he had close to a normal nap schedule that he would have had at home. I got to change his diaper again at the Marc station and fed him on the train going home, so all was good and nothing was postponed for him because we were in a crowd or outside.

The Rally and March were amazing as always! I'm so glad that Joey and I got to go! I LOVE having Mass at the Verizon Center, how often do you get to celebrate Mass with 17,000 people??? Despite the weather, there was an awesome turnout for the March as well, I can't even begin to estimate how many people were there, but it was well over the tens-of-thousands and possibly even in the hundred-thousands. I'm proud to be part of the Pro Life Generation. Last year I marched while I was pregnant, and this year I marched with Joey. We marched because my generation is here (mostly, an estimated 1/3 of my generation has been aborted), it's his generation being killed now.

No comments:

Post a Comment