Wednesday, March 20, 2013

WIPW: Sweet Georgia Cables!

 I am working on what is officially my second pair of wrist warmers. My first pair was little more than just a knitted tube with a thumb gusset. That's actually exactly what they were. There was some garter stitch at the beginning and end, but the rest was plain stockinette with no shaping at all. These are ever so much more delightful, both to knit and in appearance! The pattern is Vancouver Fog and the yarn is Sweet Georgia Yarn's worsted weight, colorway Boysenberry.

Technically there's not really any shaping with these gloves either, the difference though is that I know about gauge now. And these are supposed to be smaller and stretch to fit your hands. I did learn a new skill with these bad boys though: the tubular cast on. O. M. G. this is one of the most beautiful cast-ons that I have ever done. So professional-looking! I will confess that I did not bother to do the Surprisingly Stretchy BO because they're bottom-up, my fingers had plenty of space and didn't really need the extra stretch at the end.

They knit up sooooo quickly. And if the working mother of two children under two says something knits up quickly, you best believe it! I can manage to do nearly a whole mitt in a single weekend, a major feat at my house currently! The first mitt is finished and is now awaiting it's nearly-done mate. I'm on the thumb increases, the end is near! I'm almost sorry Spring and warmer weather are close and I won't be able to get much wear out of them...almost ;)

In other news, progress on the Classy Cardi continues. Slowly, but it continues. I'm hopeful to have it finished by May so I can CO another project either before we leave or in the car as we drive down to visit Theo :) I'll get more use out of this project than the mitts because the AC in my office is brutally cold in the Summer. This will definitely be a year-round FO, if I can ever manage to actually finish.

Thanks for stopping by, don't forget to hit up Tami's!

3 comments:

  1. Wow! I love the color and pattern of the wrist warmers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow those wrist warmers are beautiful; I love the colours you've chosen for the cardi too xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cable pattern on your wrist warmers is a really nice touch! They look like they're coming along beautifully.

    ReplyDelete