Saturday, August 31, 2013

Tower!

So much for my goal of posting every week! I'm barely getting this one in for the month of August! We have been crazy busy all summer, despite not going to the pool very much, only going to the zoo (thanks for the membership Mom!) once so far due to weather and work schedules, and not going on vacations. I've been busy at work, not to mention any time I get some leave saved up someone gets sick and I need to stay home (though one time it was because Noah decided 0200 was a great time to play for two hours and I needed some extra sleep), so other than the random Monday holidays, I haven't taken much time off. I'm hoping to take time off around Thanksgiving, we'll see what's the in budget for travel first though. 


Update on the boys! Joey is speaking so many words now, and even putting together (not just copying) 2-3 word sentences! It's so cute and so much fun, I love that he's able to better tell us things now. He still shuts down verbally when he's upset, and his meltdowns have gotten a lot worse (and more difficult to diffuse), so I guess he's definitely a full-fledged toddler! He surprises us everyday with what he knows and can do/understand and he loooooves to be helpful. I love having a Mommy's Little Helper, he likes to help me put laundry in the dryer, he puts dirty laundry in the baskets (sometimes mixes with clean but that's ok, the contribution is all I care about), and he even helps clean up his toys. I'm trying especially to make sure when we visit friends for playdates that he helps clean up a little bit, just so that he learns he can't go somewhere, be Hurricane Joey, then leave without helping. He doesn't protest though, sometimes I think he makes messes specifically to clean them up ;) He knows some colors and can say some of the names (my favorites are "purby" for purple and "yelgween" for either yellow or green), he's learning to count but at this point it's only repeating what he hears. He is still a picky eater though to his credit he will at least *try* things we give him. Fruits and veggies are difficult though knowing me and my eating habits, that's really not a surprise. I'm trying to do better, and I'm also finding recipes where I can sneak things in ;) Joey likes building towers and knocking them down, that's currently what is keeping him occupied while I type!


Noah's current mission in life is to eat everything off the floor, including (but not limited to) crumbs, dog hair, and leaves. He is pulling himself up on everything in sight, his latest feat was pulling to standing in the middle of the floor using only my legs to push up on--he almost made it too! He is quite the little chatterbox now, has a whole range of syllables ("ma-ma" was first though, makes me so proud!) and he is quick to let us know when he is displeased with something! Overall he's pretty laid back and a bit more independent than Joey was at this age (just hit 9mo a week or so ago) but he's got his snuggly moments too. Mommy is still the boys' favorite parent and Noah is extra clingy when I get home from work and on weekends. It's a good thing I enjoy babywearing because otherwise nothing would ever get done when I'm at home! I like being able to strap the baby to my back and get a few chores done. Noah likes it too, lately that's been the only way he gets a decent nap. For a little while we were in the throws of the 9 Month Sleep Regression, but I think we're finally coming out of it. There were a couple weeks where his naps lasted 15-20 minutes if we were lucky and he was up almost every hour at night to nurse (if he wasn't then it was every 2 hours + Joey would wake up and want to nurse too). The past few nights have been similar but a little bit better. Normally he's a very good sleeper and normally he doesn't need to be on the boob to sleep, that's how I figured something developmental was going on (no signs of teeth, no extra drool or messy diapers or swollen gums). We are still going strong on the cloth diapers! It took us a whole two months, if not longer, to go through a box of disposables from BJ's! Normally we go a box a month with Noah (Joey is a box every 1.5 months, give or take) so by using cloth at home during the day (I use them when I'm home on the weekends and we go out, but I told Dan he doesn't have to use them for out-and-about) we cut our disposable usage in HALF! I'm hoping next month we can do even better, we had a couple of rashes this past month so he was in disposables for a few days every couple of weeks. 

That's it for now, the boys are running around like nuts and Dan is still sleeping and Noah is getting ready for a nap. I'd like to shower but I would also like to nap, last night was not a good sleep night for Noah or Joey...

No comments:

Post a Comment