Wednesday, April 24, 2013

WIPW: As The Heel Turns...Again!

Yes, another post like Tami's about WIPs, I promise I'll do a family update soon!

After finishing my Classy Cardi, I once again turned my attention back to my lovely socks. While I've already knit two Christmas stockings, which are basically really big socks, this pattern was my first adventure into heel flaps, turning the heel, and knitting to "two inches shorter than desired length". I'm exceedingly happy with how quick, fun, and easy this pattern is and how my socks are coming out. I'm so happy that I'm already planning my next pair and hope to knit them two-at-a-time.

I'm currently just past the gusset after turning the heel, I finished the decreases yesterday and I'm now "knitting all the stitches as they appear" until it's time to start the toe decreases. This part went quickly with the first sock and I'm knitting the second one faster than that. I'm not sure if it's because I'm so close to finishing or if I'm just that much quicker this time around.


Also still on the needles, and will undoubtedly be the subject of many more WIPW posts to come, Molly! Progress continues slowly partially due to the fact that each row is 217 stitches and partially due to working full time and having two kids under the age of two. The infrequent moments I steal to knit throughout the week are still so much fun, I love this pattern and this yarn! I'm just about finished the second set of stripes (which is actually the third if you count each panel as a set since they were separated when I first worked them). I don't have the pattern in front of me, but I know that shortly after the next set of stripes I will start dividing for arm holes. It may take me just as long to knit this pattern as I spent oogling it before getting the yarn, but that's ok, everything about it is worth savoring.

Where the panels were joined together, may have to go back and tighten.
Right panel close up.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, you are practically done with those socks! Hows the yarn knitting up for the sweater? I need more descriptions of the yarn! living vicariously through you here :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yippee for hand knit socks! That cardigan is gorgeous!! Can't wait to see it done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Delancy cardigan has such a cool construction! I really need to knit it. It looks like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete