Friday, February 15, 2013

As The Heel Turns

My BFF over at Arcaneknits joined this cool Work in Progress Wednesday thing so I decided I wanted to play too, even though it's now Friday! If you're just joining me, hello and thanks for stopping by!

Currently on my needles: A Nice Ribbed Sock

This is my first real pair of socks. I've knitted two Christmas stockings so far, they're kind of like socks but not really. I'm using size 0 dpns and Blue Moon Fiber Arts Socks That Rock lightweight yarn. The colorway is Happy Go Lucky and it's not as bright as this picture makes it out to be. I just finished turning the heel and I am about to pick up stitches on the second side and join the whole thing together again. I'm pretty pleased with how quickly this project is progressing. It's my first Pump Project--something I'm only working on while I pump at work (working full time and breastfeeding is not so much fun but at least I can knit!). On a good day I get a total of 1.5hrs (3 sessions) to knit but at the very least I get 1hr (2 sessions). The first picture is from last Wednesday and the picture below is yesterday, what a difference! In just a week I turned the heel and finished the gusset decreases! I'm now onto "knitting the stitches as they appear until two inches shorter than desired length". I will be bringing the sock home with me from work tomorrow to try on and get an idea of how long the foot will need to measure before I move on (I'm not taking my shoes off at work, I don't feel like explaining what I'm doing), but I'm fairly close to done. And by "fairly close" I mean another week or two-ish.

Oh what a difference a week makes!
I have another WIP but no pictures. I also have yarn coming in the mail for a sweater, fingerless gloves, and another WIP that's been hibernating for way too long. I'm so excited to get my package! That's all for now!

1 comment:

  1. You have to post stash photos when your package comes in!!

    ReplyDelete